Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Self Portraits





These days it is easier said than done to get out and take photos. Yesterday I listened to a webinar on photography tips. I've also been pouring over photos from various artists and freelancers on Instagram. It was inspiring to see so many good photos making their way around the world. 
Today I wanted to go take some self portraits, not only because I wanted to try out new tricks with portraits but also because my child and husband get very tired of being my models all the time.
The day began as usual, I make a wonderful list of all of the things I would like to accomplish in the day. Since having the baby I have found that I make the list shorter and shorter so I don't set myself up for failure... I was going to get the baby down for a nap then get all ready and run outside and take some photos.
Of course it never goes the way you imagine it all to work out. The baby didn't sleep so I had to pack him up and bring him along.

I am so blessed to be able to live where I do. The fresh snow and magnificent trees worked amazingly as a back drop. Not to mention, the snow was a perfect natural reflector!
There were more failed attempts that successful shots. We are our biggest critics. I didn't like the poses, or my expressions. Then there was the whole issue with my focal point and getting that spot on while running back and forth on 10 sec. timer.
The best thing about the day, I got out and made it happen!
When looking at the photos I was reminded that I am a good photographer. I am pleased with my work.
Some days I get so discouraged that I'm not good enough and everyone else is so much better. So today, though a struggle with my scheduling not going the way I wanted it to, was a good day.
I am thankful. I am blessed.
May your day be just as blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment